PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New pilot's theoretical knowledge
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2023, 16:18
Vazduhoplov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New pilot's theoretical knowledge

Hello everyone,

I am a fairly new pilot out of flight school. For now, I would say that my theoretical knowledge is ok so far but I am always hoping to learn more. Basically, in my flight school we were mostly listening to Oxford ATPL CBT courses and that was it. From that, I passed my exams in CAD, passed my practical exams and got my licence. Currently I am having a hard time finding what should I study next. While I was searching around the internet a bit I found ICAO Elibrary which has a lot of documents to read but to me it all looks cluttered and I am not really sure in what order I should do it. The things that are currently interesting to me are Jeppesen publications. Mainly, Jeppesen Introduction, Jeppesen ATC and so on but then I also ask myself if those publications are up to date in terms of following all the annexes and all the newest amendments to them? I wonder if going through all the annexes is the right way of doing it...I would also like to note that, as you already probably know, passing EASA exams in CAD is mostly going through question banks, clicking what you know and memorizing what takes too much time to learn so that gives me worries that I should really re listen to all the cbt's and go from there. What was your journey? What studying path did you take? Did you read the Annexes? Did you read Jeppesen publications? What would be the best thing to do in order to become a really proficient and well versed pilot (I really do not want to be a 'monkey see monkey do' pilot in my career)? What are the must read publications and in what order should I read them?

Thank you all for your opinions,
Safe flights!