PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stowaway flies from Denmark to LA with no ticket or passport
Old 13th Dec 2023, 18:24
EddyCurr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the benefit of nearly six weeks of investigation and hindsight since this incident occurred (11/04), I am prepared to believe that authorities now have more knowledge about how the man circumvented multiple layers of security than has been disclosed to the media.

As much as I'd like to learn what the authorities pieced together to date, I am content not to have such details laid bare in the wild. Although a statement to the effect of "We know how this happened and have implemented changes aimed at closing the loopholes" would seem to be in order.

Additionally, it seems to me that hiring the fellow in the capacity of a consultant could be worthwhile. Provided nothing nefarious turns up in background checks, he has a demonstrated talent for social engineering which could be useful for the purposes of probing airline security. After Kevin Mitnick (1963 - 2023) exchanged his black hat for a white one, he enjoyed a good deal of success and status.