PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in more than one JAA country
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2004, 03:23
Martin1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training in more than one JAA country

I'm currently undertaking a JAR-approved theoretical ATPL course at a school registered under the Swedish CAA. I do however want to do the rest of my training in the UK.

The ideal situation would be that the UK CAA would accept the exams I hopefully pass at the Swedish CAA. An alternative would be to do the theoretical training in Sweden but writing the exams in the UK.

Does anyone have experience of a similar situation? There is an implementation in the JAR that allows a JAA state to accept another state's training but I guess this is sparesly used to protect its own market. There's also an alternative, applying for an exempt from undertaking formal training by a UK registered school in the same way as ATPL holders with X amount of hours.

Any help is appreciated. Worst case scenario is that I need to undertake a UK distance learning course in addition to the course I already undertake.

Speaking of writing exams, in Sweden the CAA representative is getting to the flight school instead of having X students travelling to the CAA. Also, you do get the exam results the same day. The UK CAA seems to have something to learn.