PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2023, 13:58
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Selcal86
Is BA really as bad as everyone seems to say? I have another interview with them coming up, and i am so unsure about whether to jump ship from my current UK short haul, well paid, hardly work in the winter position.... My biggest problem is i live so much closer to LHR and my 1.5 hour commute each day that I have to go to work is becoming a strain, especially when i think i have over 30 years left of it. I love where I am right now, but location is so important... are there any truly honest good stories around here? Is the 320 fleet more manageable with a young family?
Plenty of people live a stone’s throw from a J2 type base and then drive an hour and a half to Heathrow every time they go to work, you’re doing the opposite..!

Absolutely 100% move. BA seems to have ridiculously quick commands from looking there. And in 30 years you’ll be a senior 350 captain on an awful lot more than at J2. Even the lowest pay point Heathrow short haul captains at BA likely come out on top financially vs LCCs in the UK when everything is included.