PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2023, 13:52
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Potatos_69
Overall it’s a pretty good place to work. No where is perfect.

I work less than I did at my previous ULCC, I get paid a bit more than I did there. If you want to get your 4th bar sooner rather than later I would think staying with J2 or wherever you are might be better overall financially as if you’re a low pay point captain your being paid less than anywhere else in the UK.

Training is on a tiny footprint, but you’ll be given extra time if needed. Trainers are good, really professional etc.

Work wise your rostering is up to your seniority (and I think more importantly, your ability to make the bidding system work for you)

If you’re happy where you are, can you move closer to where you are? Or much prefer living in the greater London area?
Would agree with this . Almost everyone I’ve flown with on the A320 fleet is friendly, easy going and competent. I think some people from outside are under different impressions.

The reality I’ve found as someone new to company and fleet is folk just want to come to work, have a nice easy day (doesn’t always happen at LHR..) then go back home and enjoy life.

I imagine the decision for you would be based on other things like pay etc.