PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pricing... new costs or computer error?
Old 10th Dec 2023, 10:26
Jamie2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=luoto;11553925]
Originally Posted by FarTooManyUsers
I suspect the Irish regulator may be a bit tame ... but Ryanair also has AOCs in the UK, Austria, Poland and Malta ... and none of the regulators seem willing to enforce safe family seating rules.

Ah, so in the EU there is not the principle of local regulators but some "master" regulator usually takes control for multinationals. If you understand what I mean, as regulation is not my forté.
If you go on the website and try to book a seat for an adult and an under 12 then you get sat together for free. Another adult wanting to sit with them would have to pay. There’s many many many things people can have ago at Ryanair for but Training and Safety aren’t two of them.

An example, Ryanair recently recruited a load of experienced pilots. The minimum requirements for a type rating is 32-36 ish hours in the sim. FR elected to put them on the cadet course and they did 12 fixed base sims and 7 FFS which is approximately 80 hours inc test. My point is FR could have given them the minimum but didn’t.

Last edited by Jamie2009; 10th Dec 2023 at 12:44.