PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerolink Sabadell Barcelona current student review
Old 10th Dec 2023, 04:41
iggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldiepilot

...I do think is because how the academy works, how little it pampers you and how much it requires you to be self sufficient...

...The fleet is not super modern (no glass cockpits), routings are done by hand, classes lack on tech, everything is done on paper. No tablets allowed...

...FIs/teachers tend to be recent licensed pilots some struggle with English or teaching experience, classes are mostly boring/non engaging.

...You have to wait a minimum of 6 months to be able to sign up and by then most of your previous knowledge is gone...

...No "free" ipad, not new sims, no glass cockpits, no fancy tech anywhere, no uniforms and worse classrooms...

...​​It requieres strong... very strong mindset, motivation and self responsability as school will rarely provide more than the basics...

...this school really do prepare for you for the real world cause sometimes you depend on yourself and yourself only.
As harsh as it may sound, in those sentences you just defined your first job as a cadet in an airline, particularly in the last two.

I have been flying for years in a PTF airline, and my guess is that students from this flight school would have no issue at all during ground class and line training, while the ones with the iPads, the pampering, and so on, are the ones struggling, even after being release. This flight school sounds like the right choice.

And it is even cheaper... cherry on top!