PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Same Job Same Pay legislation
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2023, 22:41
dr dre

Received 371 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105
Which part of "I am not talking about the legislation" do you seem to be having a problem with? As I stated, in what I thought was a fairly clear fashion, I was talking about the concept.

And I was not asserting anything, rather I was inviting a bit of critical thinking to be applied (tall order for some, I now know).

That concept, "same job, same pay", coupled with the fact that the award does not contemplate seniority scales for fixed wing operations other than "aerial application operations", might be cause for concern for anyone who actually thinks beyond simply parroting government talking points.
Then what are you talking about? Employers will suddenly realise they can eliminate yearly pay scales from EAs and demand it in negotiations in one of the best market for pilots in decades? They could’ve demanded the removal of yearly pay rates at any time in the past but that never happened. Maybe unions should push to eliminate yearly pay scales, and just go to the top rate for all employees regardless of years of service???