PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Same Job Same Pay legislation
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2023, 21:48
MickG0105

Received 231 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
EAs which would be in line with legislation that doesn’t say you need to pay a 10 year pilot the same as a 1 year pilot. It says you can’t outsource to a labour hire company to pay a contracted 10 year pilot 50% of a legacy employed 10 year pilot.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. There is no doubt the opposition, the business lobby and the media want to kill these new laws, and they’re determined to do whatever it is to bring down the government that implemented them.
Which part of "I am not talking about the legislation" do you seem to be having a problem with? As I stated, in what I thought was a fairly clear fashion, I was talking about the concept.

And I was not asserting anything, rather I was inviting a bit of critical thinking to be applied (tall order for some, I now know).

That concept, "same job, same pay", coupled with the fact that the award does not contemplate seniority scales for fixed wing operations other than "aerial application operations", might be cause for concern for anyone who actually thinks beyond simply parroting government talking points.