PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L-29 crash at Argentine Airshow 12/11/23
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2023, 18:59
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markkal
Thank you for this very informative post conveying your experience and sharp analytic capacity to explain these complex phenomenons.

I would kindly ask you whether it would be an option given also the excess power available to take off or go around without applying full power. I.E. on a 6 cylinder lycoming 300HP in an Extra 300 you can easily take off or go around with 2'400 rpm instead of 2'700 and 26 inches of MAP instead of around 29 MAP.

Which makes no sense other than for nose abatement on an Extra, but could help tame those adverse secondary effects of torque and prop on a WW2 fighter. Please post more threads and answers on this forum !
Addendum: Having read and reread your excellent article on "the issues asssociated with flying the P51" as per your link above answers all of my questions, Worth of note that the issues concerned are certainly common to all taildraggers WW2 fighters; Therefore they have little in common except the tailwheel with those agile and light 300HP+ overresponsive small aerobatic aircrafts;