PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2023, 07:14
PPRuNeUser0211

Received 180 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Ascend Charlie
That switch panel is lacking common sense.

The Fuel switch should show "FUEL" as its main caption, with the up position marked "ON" and the 90 right position "SHUTOFF"
The Gen switch has the lower position marked RESET and OFF, normally it would be OFF and then a spring-loaded spot below that marked "RESET"

But let's wait and see. And wait. And wait.
I don't disagree with you in the round but the gen switch could be a simple 2 position switch with the OFF also being RESET. While most ac I've flown have a separate reset position (usually to cycle power to gen control units and such) there are some setups that inherently do that in the OFF position. Not seen one in aviation, but they do exist outside, so I could believe Hill has included that for simplicity.

Aside from that, I find the display HMI fairly honking. Speed as a strip across the top of the display is pretty counter-intuitive for one. That said, for an "experimental" changing software is easy if you gaff off all the niceties of assurance levels. However, if you're adhering to DO standards, the PFD would be far from easy to change overnight, unless they've come up with some pretty innovative software process to go with the rest of it.