PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Absolutely Appalling Report in the Washington Post
Old 7th Dec 2023, 19:36
Zombywoof

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not talking about the incident on the plane, I'm talking about your blanket "red flag" statement. As an investigator, you would know that examining someone's phone and finding it devoid of photos or videos indicates.... nothing. WRT the specific case under discussion, you may strongly suspect material has been recently deleted, but you still have nothing but a red flag. Because maybe you're dealing with someone who uses his phone the same way I use mine.

ADDENDUM: In my country we had a couple of cases that drew attention nationwide where people were wrongfully convicted, spent most of their lives in jail, only to be exonerated and released. Every Canadian of a certain age knows the names involved. In these cases the police had "tunnel vision" and focused exclusively on the individuals. These were not rookies, they were seasoned detectives with years of investigative experience. They had some "red flags", and they followed their intincts with disastrous consequences.

This is why I was triggered by your statement, and I'll not comment further.

Last edited by Zombywoof; 7th Dec 2023 at 23:11. Reason: Addendum