PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG Wing-body overheat on ground
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2023, 14:35
BraceBrace

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by +TSRA
I see two separate questions here from your post. But, in short, I'd call maintenance and follow their advice. If they say go, then go. If they say don't go, don't go.
Your response sounds very theoretical. To be honest, in many companies the reply will be very easy: go. Asking the question like this is not going to help you a lot. In many companies you need to inform dispatch very clearly on issues that in this case are not very clear. They have no clue what a wing body overheat system is, and you have no MEL item to reference to.

On this sector in theory you legally can leave for the flight. However on the next flight you will be grounded as you don't know the cause of the problem. So you need maintenance.

My course of action would be easy: call maintenance and tell them you are AOG. It is their choice to be AOG at the airport of departure, or the airport of destination. Secondary failures is something to take into account, but in general the chances of having secondary failures is very remote. Pressurisation comes to mind in the far back of my head though.