PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2023, 08:41
Northern Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Right Engine
Re:BA I’m more than happy to speak the truth (as an insider) but whoever is putting out the rumours about training cultures here, is talking nonsense. BA training culture is the last part of our brand that I remain proud of.
Anyone who says otherwise is usually a part of the problem and typically if they are complaining as a new entrant, it is MOST likely they received blunt honesty from their trainers because they had very poor team skills.

However, if you are the sort who struggles in the simulator, but has a healthy sense of persecution, then I guess you’ll start this type of rumour. The psychology of accepting your mistakes and working on them is very much part of the BA training culture. Self improvement. Those who describe it otherwise, are probably the type of pilot who feel their self improvement is not necessary.
This is accurate.

On the few occasions where the sim becomes a challenge, it is usually due to the poor CRM of the person next to you rather than the person in the back. Good CRM is a subtle business and requires a degree of emotional intelligence which a small minority of our colleagues lack. It is rare to experience this from a trainer however - I can perhaps think of 2 or 3 names from my entire time in BA. The other point to remember is that such is the size of the company, if you do have a clash of personalities with someone it will likely be somewhere between 5 years and never before you see them again.