PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRuNe Login Defaults Changed?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2004, 23:45
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goates,

Splendid idea! I'm not taking the mick mate but we've had that since day one. Try it for yourself - it's there and always has been.

Here in the giddying heights of the computer forum I resolutely point out the motes in the experts' eye. Our average user doesn't know what a cookie is, cant change their e-mail address. Wouldn't know what a bios is if it bit their arses and a computer should be like a fridge and simply work. Here's one just in:

I've lost my user name and password for pprune.
Please e-mail it to me.
No clues, e-mail of sender is not on the database. As I said 30% of my mailbag is dealing with this stuff. Anyone who's ever worked a tech support line will know the feeling.........

Consistently and over many years only 7% of PPRuNers post on the forums. It's a really tiny minority of the capable and the interested on this forum plus those with problems passing through. It has no bearing on the reality of the life we experience running the site for average users

That's why pulling up my posts on this forum show a consistent 'keep it simple and basic' approach for the average joe. That's because you lot here are very, very, out of the ordinary

Regards
rob