PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAMRA/SARON/INRAT
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2023, 15:47
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, as I’m understanding, I’m an ATPL ICAO, with medical type 1 issued by ICAO and also I’m a medical first class FAA issued. With any of this certificates I should apply for the written exams? (SAMRA,SARON, INRAT).
I suggest you contact Transport Canada. There are no credits listed for foreign applicants for the ATPL, unlike the PPL or CPL (421.34). As such, it does not read as though you can write the SAMRA, SARON, and INRAT based on a foreign ATPL (unlike the credits provided for a PPL or CPL). You can either convert ATPL to ATPL through the foreign license validation or FAA conversion exam, or you convert to a lower license to get the Canadian equivalent and then write the ATPL exams.

The issue here is not the medical or the license, it's both. You might meet the requirements for one (the medical) but you don't meet the requirements for the second (the license). This is why I've been saying call Transport Canada. They're the ones who can give you the definitive answer. Otherwise, and frankly, you're wasting time hoping something will work out.