PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOAC B707 ops in the 1960s
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2023, 14:36
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Bergrie, WHBM

Thanks for your very interesting replies.
I know the crew didnt often do the whole trip from end to end very often and operated Joburg or HK to LHR sectors .As yousaya few days off en route to add to the fun.

I ahve been lucky enough to go to Seychelles half a dozen times and so familiar with the very tricky approach due to local terrain . I was stuck there for a three day delay when the BA LHR-Bahrain Sez Mauritius hit a bird between BAh and Seychelles.
which was intialy thought not to have been much trouble but having had the chance to go and have a look in SEz decided departing from an island 1000 miles from anywhere witha dogy engine wsnt the smartest thing. Now there are two lots of pax to contend with and some people really had t rough it .I was lucky as we just went back to the little hotel and had three days holiday work having been completed. Along with the BA crew I was on what was probably my best ever business trip Seychelles for a week , Mauritius for 9 days Nairobi for 4 days. BAck then my company had a rule that if you were away for more than 50 days ina year you could have spouse (almost always a wife in 70s) accompany you and I was able to take her along in the interests of marital harmony. Two years later we were back there SEZ and MRU on BA staff travel as wife worked at 'Speedbird London' .