PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has CASA ever sent you correspondence you're sure you never received?
Old 5th Dec 2023, 07:29
PPRuNeUser0201

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
It’s raining. Must be Casa’s fault…..

Sorry, I’m not attempting to be in favour of CASA (godforbid - I’d be banned on PPRUNE for life), however as a former Commonwealth employee Clinton, did you not ever send an email and ‘assume’ that it was actually sent or did you call the person after the fact to confirm receipt? It’s 2023, not 1990, and email is a reliable and normal form of communication. I’m no lawyer however I do believe there is legislation that if an email leaves the senders server and makes it to the recipients server it is deemed to have been sent. How the receiver decided to obtain that email (online, email client, etc) is left to them. If your point is that a process starts from when they hit send - welcome to 2023. I fail to understand why this is relevant only for CASA? This is the world we live in, and I agree that it passes liability to others when they don’t expect it, but casa isn’t the only organisation that does this.

I get Pprune is a rumour network, and that also extends to having a bitch, fair enough, but this industry will never become a positive experience for any of us unless we see the lighter side of life. I’m sorry, but now you’re worried about their email system, next it will be that they don’t use enough recycled paper. Come on, there are bigger fish to fry. And by the way, while you tangle casa up in knots about their email system, how are they ever going to deal with real issues?