PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay DEFO
Thread: Cathay DEFO
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2023, 02:28
CXDOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 744F2FO
Hi everyone, I have applied for DEFO, completed the DAC form, and had the first online interview. Afterward, I received an email with the medical form and a request for my latest training records, also done. Could someone tell me what to expect in the interview in Hong Kong and in the simulator? Thanks a lot!!!!!
A hall mark of what Cathay is looking for in a pilot is people who can find out answers to things without being spoon fed. They therefore assume that you will have trolled through hundreds of pages of, admittedly now older, threads on Pprune dedicated to this exact subject. There are publications to search for online that describe the typical Cathay interview and simulator profile. Depending on what you fly now, they might like to see that you have paid for a practice sim profile in the assessment aircraft type. It shows you are serious and self motivated. Perfect for CX as then they don’t need to actually spend much on training when you’re in the company - they just assume you’ll turn up ready to go.