PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has CASA ever sent you correspondence you're sure you never received?
Old 4th Dec 2023, 03:04
717tech

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clinton McKenzie
The 'bog standard' email system I'm using has options for emails I send to include 'Delivery Receipt' and 'Read Receipt'. If I 'tick' those boxes, I get a notification that my email has been delivered to the recipient's 'in' box (I assume...) and, if the recipient opens the email, a box pops up for the recipient to send a 'read receipt' to me. I don't understand why CASA cannot use those options in the subset of correspondence I'm talking about.
When that receipt prompt pops up, the recipient has the option of NOT sending the receipt. So, it's not a foolproof system. It could work against both parties.

Interestingly, my wife uses a popular payment system for her business. She sends invoices/emails from within the App. She receives a notification when the recipient opens the email, but the recipient isn't promoted to send a receipt.

The ISP I use is known for a similar flaw in their system. My wife has never received an email that's been sent from the ISP provided email server (so she says anyway).