PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2023, 13:54
Downwind_Left

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
Well she left late at 10.35 and was 20 min late landing.

I went to greet her at the airport with our driver as I had come down with EK earlier and our driver said BA was never on time unquote.

Anyway a quick report from Mrs Mac.

Flight down from Manchester was fine in newish A320 but lounge in Manchester not that great but LH use same brand in T1 so would agree with her.

Inflight Bacon Butty left as had Ketchup on it apparently with no option to be Ketchup free. I know first world problems but asked for the critiqu so that’s what I got.

LHR T5 was quite tired and dirty with worn furniture and fittings. Unbelievably they still have the same issue with Champagne ie it’s not on the bar you have to ask fit it specially, she only wanted to make a Bucks Fiz for gods sake not swim in it 🙄

Flight down was good in 2 year old A350. Crew were good and food was rated highly especially Smoked Salmon and lamb and Cheese.

In flight entertainment was ok but not as good as EK or Singapore but not bad. They were bused at Nairobi rather than air bridge for some reason.

Overall good but some issues. The big thing though is the requirement to transfer at LHR T5 which makes for a long day for those based outside SE which she said would impact her choice if she was paying for it. I will see what I think on our way back up and let you know.

Cheers
Mr Mac
If this was BA65 on December 1st the actual departure time was 1015, the airborne time was 1035, but airline schedules are based on gate to gate times as explained above. The flight landed at 2150, and the arrival time was 2159 against the scheduled 2130.

As for the consistently late arrivals into Nairobi, that’s probably true for very good reason. For safety reasons BA are prohibited from using Sudanese airspace (North and South) so are forced to take longer routings to avoid it, extending flying times in both directions.