PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 2nd Dec 2023, 10:50
AlwaysWondering

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK citizens have the right to live and work in Ireland. I guess you are not talking about there as you presumably speak English.
What's the other country? If it's Poland (your location), then LOT previously took on non-Polish speaking pilots (no idea now). Ryanair is obviously a big employer there too - though I think not having the unrestricted right to work in the EU might be an issue for them

The issue with asking people is that nobody truly knows and nobody would sensibly want to limit your opportunities.

Is there any reason you don't want to go dual? The additional costs and difficulty are relatively small.
Going modular, the start of the path makes no difference. Both a UK or an EASA PPL can take you on either (or both) path.
Then, for the ATPL exams, do it at somewhere dual approved like BGS. The syllabus is the same and the exams are very similar. You can sit both UK and EASA exams there too. That makes it much easier as you sit the same subjects at the same time - i.e. you only study each subject once. Additional cost is about £1k so far.
Form that point, you can decide on which way to go (or whether to do both). You've left the door open and are a lot closer to actually getting a job so will likely be in a much better place to decide.