PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Aspirations (UK vs USA)
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2023, 20:32
bakerin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Instructor Aspirations (UK vs USA)

I hope this message finds you all in good spirits. In light of recent developments, I've opted to pursue the Class 2 medical route post my Class 1 initial exam setback and the challenges I faced with the eye test. The plan is to delve into instructing, not only to amass valuable experience but also with an eye on a potential retry for the Class 1 exam when I'm closer to obtaining an ATPL, hoping my vision will miraculously fix itself (I'm aware this is unrealistic).

As I embark on this new trajectory, I find myself pondering the confines of instructing under a Class 2 medical certification. Specifically, I'm curious to know if instructing extends beyond small single-engine planes primarily utilized for PPL usage. Is there a possibility of instructing on more advanced aircraft, such as business jets, for example, Gulfstream?

My overarching dream is to fly jets, and I'm optimistic that the path of becoming an instructor can harmonize with this objective. Consequently, I'm contemplating pursuing instructor training in the United States, envisioning that a significant portion of my training would transpire there. I also thought that the FAA Class 1 may be easier to obtain, but also because there may be different rules regarding instructing allowing me to fly bigger aeroplanes. However, my concern centers around potential visa complications. If any of you could share insights or direct me to resources regarding both CAA and FAA regulations, it would be immensely appreciated.

Understanding the intricacies of obtaining a work visa in the USA is crucial at this juncture. Your collective wisdom will be instrumental in shaping my decisions as I navigate this pivotal phase of my aviation journey.

Thank you all sincerely for your time and consideration. I eagerly await your golden guidance.