PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2023, 11:29
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely

Are you against the 'Green Horizons Park' then which is 3000+ non airport related jobs? And the replacement country wildlife park is going to be larger- I remember as a kid the area was a disgrace, completely abandoned having multiple failed uses in the past. Hardly a local treasure. If the Wigmore Estate had not been built close to it in 1980s, it probably will still be unloved.
Green Horizons is unlikely to ever happen. The applicant has made it clear that they want permitted development rights allowing them to do as they please, as they want the land to be classed as airport operational land meaning more potential car parks.

Green Horizon's, or better known as Century Park, was all about building a dual carriageway for Terminal 2 but disguised as a road serving a business park funded by the Council to remove the cost from the airport. It should have been finished years ago but they still can't make a business case for the road so it was never built.

Meanwhile the airports old business park that sits behind the hangar line and is a brown field site lays all but abandoned.

As for your comment about the County Wildlife Site being replaced, there are no such plans and there has never been any plans.

Your comment about the park being a former disgrace is spot on so the intention is to start again with a new disgrace by planting a few saplings in a former turnip field and wait another 45 years.

So what happened to that disgrace in 45 years? I found this video from a campaign group that is a few years old so turn your speakers on and enjoy. It only lasts 2 minutes so now tell me it is still a disgrace? https://stoplae.org/wp-content/uploa...r-HD-SLAE-.mp4

Last edited by LTNman; 1st Dec 2023 at 14:58.