PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2023, 14:33
rog747

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
BA flips and then flops at SOU

Sadly BA's inroads to SOU totally ''Dropped the Ball'' because they had planned the SOU start-up just as that Pesky Flu kicked in so the whole program was royally screwed for the first season, then set back another year with stop-starting all summer 2021, with no real fan fare made to the wider audiences such as, Joe Public, the local Press and TV/Radio, and even the local and wider area Travel Agents and the Tour Operators.
Only TUI holidays took advantage and ended up using BACF for their 2 x weekly PMI Charters (a sell out for summers 2022/2023) and TUI also bought in more seats on the 3 x weekly Scheduled BA flights (of which 2 are now canned for next summer - just great!,
So now EZY pops in, well I never LOL, told you so LOL)

If you don't market your product properly then no one will buy it....
BA's flights from SOU was very much only for ''those in the know'' hence the flip, and then complete flop we now see....

I agree Operational costs are high for the summer weekend program of W flights in and out of LCY, however BACF did it for years from GLA EDI ABZ IOM HUY etc etc and now from JER GCI NCL and the IOM to many leisure destinations...all sells out - why?
because the Locals are ALL behind it .....

So, who's in charge of the clattering train at SOU and at BA?
Tis simply not enough to have a little Twitter X, and a Facebook account thinking that will fill a summer season of holiday jets , coz it won't!

I loved BA's flights from SOU but sure enough one by one, they all got canned, or were ''never rans''.

Honestly sometimes I feel I could run that place standing on my head, in my sleep.....Hey Ho.

Remember Skiathos and that debacle....