PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ecojet? The smell of kerosene no longer?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2023, 11:00
Uplinker

Received 124 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
Funny they show a full blown turbofan engine - that will be powered by electricity.
Somehow I'd think you'd want an electric motor if you're plan is to power it with electricity.......
Yes, I also thought that "electric motor" in the graphic looked very much like a gas turbine engine. Maybe they are going to run the gas turbine up to speed just via the electric starter, powered from the fuel cell........

Originally Posted by Matt48
Kerosene based fuel, ?? so kerosene then.
Bio derived turbine fuel is kerosene though isn't it?

Originally Posted by LTNman
When Airbus produces an electric equivalent on an Airbus I will take note. Sadly it isn’t going to happen. As the world burns expanding aviation is making it worse. Maybe when there are mass food shortages people will take action.
I am very confused. We are continually being told that the World is experiencing climate change which is due to us humans. If this is really the case, why is air travel being allowed to increase and expand after Covid? Surely we should have banned unnecessary holiday flights by now?

Why has there not been a ban on new domestic cars with engines larger than, say, 2,000cc ?

Why are trains getting ever more expensive, and why are there very few bus services outside our cities and towns?

Why do fossil fuel producers attend the COP talks? Would they be there to lobby the ministers by any chance?

If the climate really is in trouble, how come there are all these contradictions ?