PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2023, 18:43
cavokblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
Exactly the point I was originally making and which had been misconstrued as usual.

On one hand we have the usual suspects saying simply the curfew in isolation will prevent a low cost operator ever moving in and now the same people are saying such operators aren’t really fussy and are happy with just a runway and a shed. Contradiction much?
Well, that's clearly aimed at me and despite complaining about people misconstruing your claims, you then, amusingly, do exactly that to me.

My point was made in response to simply operating to an airport. A lot of smaller airports in Europe which are served more frequently than what easyJet are offering next summer are little more than a runway and a shed. If there is talk of a base, then obviously airlines are going to be more demanding. But we don't need based aircraft for a huge increase in seats offered by easyJet.

FWIW, I think there is plenty of latent capacity at Southampton currently to handle way more pax and operations than is currently being offered by easyJet. I don't think there needs to be some hugely detailed masterplan and agreement between the the airline and the operator to achieve more than what it is offering next summer.