PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2023, 12:17
Zacertsy2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LHR27L
Hi all - I managed to get high recommendations at OSB for both the RAAF and NAVY pilot. However, they've just rejected my medical appeal claiming that my jaw wouldn't fit in the oxygen mask of the F35, F18 and the PC21 (I've never physically tried it on and have a minor overbite so it seems like a crazy reason to throw away 8 years of hard work, but I guess that's life). Has anyone else had this issue in the past? Also if you have any questions about the process I'd be happy to answer.
Hey mate,

I have had a similar issue as you except I have a retrognathic maxilla (smaller upper jaw resulting in a minor underbite) for which they class 4d me after getting my letter of offer for adfa 24 army pilot. What info did you gather before you submitted your appeal if you don’t mind me asking as I’m going to push this appeal as far as possible. I’ve already submitted my appeal last Friday but I wouldn’t mind knowing what else I could possibly submit that I may have missed. Lastly, don’t give up hope on making it just on the rejected appeal. there’s different paths we all take to reach our goals so keep trying and getting extra info. It’s a struggle as it’s a very subjective issue whether it would fit without the measurements and limits of mask fitment so I would still try and push to maybe get a mask fitted some how. If you want to reach out to me my email is [email protected].

Best of Luck