PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on repair of long out of warranty headset?
Old 27th Nov 2023, 23:32
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BronteExperimental
Lightspeed are the only manufacturer that has not stood by their product in my experience of many decades. The revolting soft touch plastic eventually degrades into a sticky mess and they won’t do jack about it. Never again.

Had both Bose X and A20s repaired no questions asked. Both times the boom mechanism loosening.

Anyway. I have a few ANR LS of various flavors in the cupboard if the OP wants to scavenge them for parts.
Have had my Lightspeed Zulu 2's for about 11 years now. First repaired once outside of warranty but completely for free including international shipping within Europe. Few more years passed and I had a cable break, again outside of any warranty that the repair provided. Headset then 8 years old and frequently used in commercial flying, so stuff happens. I reached out, got an offer to upgrade it to Zulu 3 spec with all new wiring, control box, soft goods and any repairs needed for $300 with a new 3 year warranty. Can't even get a new passive noise cancelling DC for that money.

Sorry to hear you got some sub-par service, but just to chime in that my experience has been quite the opposite.
The following users liked this post: