PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on repair of long out of warranty headset?
Old 27th Nov 2023, 11:16
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by mikewil
Yep completely agree with the revolting sticky plastic control box. Though I think they have fixed this issue in their current generation headsets, I still won't buy one again due to their lousy customer support.

You'd think they would want to build a reputation for the best customer service seeing they are trying to claw a bit of Bose's 80+ percent of the headset market share.

I am sure the reason most go out and buy the overpriced Bose A30 is just a case of follow the leader (kind of like Apple iPhones). Sure, they are great, but you can't tell me the large premium charged over Lightspeed and DC is justified in termsb of production cost. And yes I am one of the sheep who just bought an A30 but would definitely have bought another Lightspeed Zulu if not for the attitude I got from Lightspeed about what would be an incredibly minor repair to the old one.
I couldn't disagree more. In the past I've dealt with their Customer Service twice, The first was a cable that was damaged due to my own fault in slamming it in the door a few too many times, they were great about it and repaired it under warranty without charge and even replaced it with the newer style cable. Second time was more recent it developed a fault out of warranty and they were all too happy to repair it. Also haven't had any issues with it turning sticky, if this happens you can easily fix it with talcum powder or using rubbing alcohol, I've done this trick on other things I've owned that have had this happen over time.