PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on repair of long out of warranty headset?
Old 27th Nov 2023, 07:25
mikewil

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BronteExperimental
Lightspeed are the only manufacturer that has not stood by their product in my experience of many decades. The revolting soft touch plastic eventually degrades into a sticky mess and they won’t do jack about it. Never again.

Had both Bose X and A20s repaired no questions asked. Both times the boom mechanism loosening.

Anyway. I have a few ANR LS of various flavors in the cupboard if the OP wants to scavenge them for parts.
Yep completely agree with the revolting sticky plastic control box. Though I think they have fixed this issue in their current generation headsets, I still won't buy one again due to their lousy customer support.

You'd think they would want to build a reputation for the best customer service seeing they are trying to claw a bit of Bose's 80+ percent of the headset market share.

I am sure the reason most go out and buy the overpriced Bose A30 is just a case of follow the leader (kind of like Apple iPhones). Sure, they are great, but you can't tell me the large premium charged over Lightspeed and DC is justified in termsb of production cost. And yes I am one of the sheep who just bought an A30 but would definitely have bought another Lightspeed Zulu if not for the attitude I got from Lightspeed about what would be an incredibly minor repair to the old one.
The following users liked this post: