PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S211 Down Port Phillip Bay
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2023, 02:43
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by WetCompass
Yep, and there's the strawman and the ad-hominem attack.
So rather than addressing the point about the availability of another aerodrome and how the Mayday was acted upon by Melbourne Control, you stick to interpreting me out of context and lowering my status to a "random anonymous" person.
Well done, many on Twitter would be proud of you.
The only person that seems fixated on only one particular landing place seems to be your good self.

The PIC in this incident had a fairly traumatic incident, recovered quickly, and then aviated, navigated and effectively communicated.

Given the time frame, this would seem to be a very good example of natural decision making. He took the information available and came up with a plan. He had sufficient spare capacity to think ahead, and plan his arrival nominating his preferred runway and approach preference (and at 2000 feet to give more options). His request for a runway inspection after landing was a consideration taught at my past airline after any non normal landing. And this wasn't because we thought bits would fall off, it was a "just in case thing" .

Taking that the aircraft recovery went to plan, it proves the plan was good enough.

It is funny that you feel under attack when people disagree with you, but deny you are are attacking this crew when you don't agree with them.

This crew proved they can work well when under pressure.
The following 3 users liked this post by donpizmeov: