PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S211 Down Port Phillip Bay
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2023, 02:36
junior.VH-LFA

Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by WetCompass
Yeah, the first time in 5 years I've had a reaction where "professionals" don't want to address an issue. Instead, I've been inundated with ad-hominem and strawman attacks.
This forum has gone down hill.
Tell me, if you were involved in a midair collision in the middle of Port Phillip Bay and you had Moorabbin, Essendon, Melbourne and Avalon all available, no fuel, Notam or weather concerns, all within range, which one would you choose?
Simple really, just stick to the point.
Depends on how much damage the aircraft has sustained and if it's controllable. I have no problems with the PIC's decision to go to Essendon as a known airfield he had planned for given the (as far as we know) very light damage that was able to be visually seen from the cockpit. MB not suitable, extra track miles to Avalon for minimal gain given the condition of the aircraft. It's been explained in depth in this thread from pilots with real world experience in this type of flying, with a lot more experience than I have. Plan worked on the day after a traumatic event, can't ask for better than that.