PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2023, 16:29
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
Shame I'm sure we will see the end of BA in 2024,good service ,lots of leg room and timing was good ! ,all the hype of 11 destinations from BA for SOU has fizzled out,I guess the demand wasn't there.
The demand is surely there but not with the very limited schedule offered by BA. Week long holidays are not suited to everyone including myself. Being a BA Executive member I'm continuing to use my avios at LGW and LHR. I tend to go away for 3 or 4 days something that you can't do with BA from Southampton. Plus the limited amount of destinations that BA offered didn't necessarily appeal to me.

When you use the BA App the drop down menu has London for LGW and LGW. You have to either search or type Southampton as a departure airport. The App doesn't make it easy for anyone looking for flights from Southampton. I should imagine that the majority of the travelling public are totally unware of the fact that BA offer a limited number of flights from Southampton.

But in saying that it's an absolute shame to see BA go from 13 destinations down to four in 2024. BA in my opinion are a good fit for Southampton, it's just a pity that they never took it seriously. But then again I can often be at LHR T5 within n hour of leaving my front door.

I'm not a huge fan of easyJet but I have travelled with them on several occasions over the years. They have certainly improved as an airline since my first flight with them back in 2003. If easyJet offered more destinations from Southampton with a good schedule I would be more willing to use them especially if BCN was eventually announced.