PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid Life Crisis...should I?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2023, 05:55
dot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou all for the input, always helpful.

Originally Posted by lucille
Dot.
Is your wife up for this “adventure”? Remember, one person’s adventure is another’s nightmare.
If she’s up for it, then I say go for it and damn the consequences. To quote Mark Twain “In 20 years from now you will be more disappointed by things you didn’t rather than the ones you did”.
In my case, the worst outcomes have been through timidity in my early years.
Wife not going anywhere. Staying put in city. House nearly paid off. Just me away for a bit.

The biggest concern employers will have about your age is that you might have a hard time accepting the leadership of senior pilots who are much younger than you. As long as you can convince them that this isn't the case you'll be fine.
That was something I noted. However, would be a common sight for myself for a long way into this potential journey, considering many sitting to my left in the future would likely be half my age.

I get that a much younger bunch of pilots would likely see old mate walking in, as a threat. Normal human behaviour. I don't fit the standard image of someone who generally walks in the door handing in a resume wanting a chat, the broke/young/in debt/begging/desperate for the first job pilot.