PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAMRA/SARON/INRAT
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2023, 15:21
Capirover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by +TSRA
Good question. CAR 401.13 - Examination Prerequisites is your answer. It states:

So yes, you would require your medical to meet the (1)(a) requirement.

The TC regional office for where you are located. You mention BC, and from memory that is in Surrey, but that is easily Googalable...

The service standard for most things at TC for pilot licensing is 40 working days, however, they say actual processing times vary and it's not uncommon to wait up to 6 months for the medical.

Your best bet though is to talk directly to Transport. That is where your conversion process will begin and end, and they can give you an up-to-date account based on your circumstances.
Originally Posted by selfin
"...you would require your medical to meet the [401.13](1)(a) requirement"

Is that strictly how Transport interprets the standards at present? The prerequisites in 421 are more inclusive:

Until earlier this year, there were covid-related exemptions allowing candidates to write exams without holding an appropriate medical certificate. It doesn't look like these have been extended.

There is still an exemption (until 28 Feb 2025) allowing the holder of a category 4 medical certificate, and a category 1 medical certificate that has become valid only for private pilot privileges, to attempt a flight test for the PPL/CPL/ATPL and flight instructor rating. NCR-006-2023. If Capirover might also rely on an FLVC and a valid foreign medical certificate to attempt flight tests.

Hi, sounds good. Thank you.

So, as I’m understanding, I’m an ATPL ICAO, with medical type 1 issued by ICAO and also I’m a medical first class FAA issued. With any of this certificates I should apply for the written exams? (SAMRA,SARON, INRAT).