PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A very good military read
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2023, 10:30
oldmansquipper

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile

I’ve just finished ‘Eject Eject’ and I found it a very good read, indeed. Highly recommended.

Having worked on escape and survival systems for nearly 50 years - 11 of them in R&D with a well known purveyor of Gentleman’s (and now Ladies) explosive airborne furniture - I was particularly pleased to see John N has clearly explained the difficulties with integrating the ‘female’ (other genders are apparently now available!) form into a system designed specifically for males…..We got there eventually, though. 😉

I am now halfway through ‘Typhoon’ and so far, it’s a belter! Beautifully written, Holding even my wandering attention, it’s a page turner for sure one of the easiest reads I’ve had in years.

As a ‘vocational’ pilot myself and who served on the most prodigious of the Jaguar Sqns (II(AC)) Mike’s explanation of the many challenges facing Jag operators at the time is eye opening. I wonder how many of those challenges would have been solved if the Jag had continued in service with its proposed major upgrade in place? . However, It was so sad to see the hierarchies BOI default position - ‘pilot lost control’ - in many of the tragic losses experienced on the Force.

great stuff, both. 🫡 THANK YOU!