PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2023, 18:09
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantom4
Raph,there is a suitability for long haul commensurate with your total hours circa 1500.
You should receive result between two to seven days dependent on the day of the week you are in the sim.
Remember your date of joining is forever and you will always be senior to the person whose date of joining is later than yours..
Especially when they are planning on uptake of 300 next year.
Right, I was under the impression that even with the hours they would look at certain aspects of your ability in order to decide that. I’m over that hours threshold on type and have been offered Long-haul elsewhere. So in all honesty, I’m going through the process but looking only to take a long-haul offer should I be successful(it’s what I applied for anyway). Asking because there was a note saying that albeit you were applying for the long-haul fleet, their main recruitment feed was into A320, and should there not be vacancies at that time, you would be offered that. The issue is, to fly short-haul I might as-well stay where I am as the money is the same, and I fly less hours.

Many thanks for your input.