PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAMRA/SARON/INRAT
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2023, 14:27
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I need to get my medical exam issued by CAME (Civil Aviation Medical Examiner) - Transport Canada before applying the written exams and IFR test, like SARON, SAMRA, INRAT?
Good question. CAR 401.13 - Examination Prerequisites is your answer. It states:

​​​​​​​
  • 401.13 (1) Prior to taking a written examination, an applicant for a flight crew permit, licence or rating shall meet the prerequisites for the examination set out in the personnel licensing standards with respect to
    • (a) medical fitness;
    • (b) identification;
    • (c) a recommendation from the flight instructor who is responsible for the training of the applicant; and
    • (d) experience.
  • (2) The applicant for a flight crew permit, licence or rating must be sufficiently competent in one of the official languages to be able to read the examination questions and to write the answers without assistance.
So yes, you would require your medical to meet the (1)(a) requirement.

​​​​​​​where should I schedule the exams?
The TC regional office for where you are located. You mention BC, and from memory that is in Surrey, but that is easily Googalable...

​​​​​​​how long is taking to receive the medical exam with an adress inside Canada, British Columbia?
The service standard for most things at TC for pilot licensing is 40 working days, however, they say actual processing times vary and it's not uncommon to wait up to 6 months for the medical.

Your best bet though is to talk directly to Transport. That is where your conversion process will begin and end, and they can give you an up-to-date account based on your circumstances.