PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid Life Crisis...should I?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2023, 10:47
dot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid Life Crisis...should I?

Long time lurker....

I read quite a bit on here around many trying to get a start this industry on and so forth, however many seem quite young. My situation appears rather the opposite, and I have not come across anyone in my age bracket pondering going on a GA adventure.

Flying has been nothing but a hobby, PPL Hobby for the last 20 years, a dozen different aircraft types and assorted endorsements, however late 30s, 350hrs racked up, never considered it as a career, more just fun really, and like many, you get comfortable and happy in a job routine and you stick with it. We had kids young, who are about to move out, current corp finance job for a major org, however have reached a point in the life, in which we are quite financially sounds that I could go away for a bit (with a pay cut) without packing up and life could just roll on back home, wifey pushing me to do it, you only live once and so on as she says....

I have been doing some research and talking around the GA traps, and looking around, and everyone seems rather young. I am a skeptical person by nature, so I start pondering that I wouldn't fit in, they wont hire me, I am too old.

I like to think I have 30 years left to run before retirement, appreciate any advice before taking the leap of faith.