PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai Vs EK
Thread: Flydubai Vs EK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2023, 18:48
MoreDaysOffPlease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5strypes
Thanks for the info.

Can I just ask however, according to both companies websites, EK captain is approx 44k AED and FZ 59k. Obviously with EK you have housing provided and a provident fund, but enough to make a 7 figure difference?
15 years at EK could net you half a mil alone in the provident fund. Probably more if your disciplined. Add to that the substantially higher base pay (remember even though they get far less hourly pay, their higher basic means they are not penalized if they are on leave, sick or get a cancelled flight). Higher schooling allowances meaning they don’t dip into their pockets as much. Nearly 60K AED extra (I think) housing allowance which you pocket if you own.

For a long term stint in the UAE there is no question you’ll be far better off financially at EK. The comparison can’t be financial. It has to be quality of life, cockpit environment, relationship with management, training environment, roster satisfaction, days at home etc etc. Each to there own and people have there own agendas, but for the company and flying related stuff I’d say people are generally happy with their job at FZ.