PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generation CAE MPL easyJet
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2023, 20:55
thebeast121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeKilo2
No, they are not looking out for you. If they were then why did they let all of the cadets go in 2020 without any initial opportunity of a hold pool? Yes those that took a gamble and opted for a whitetail MPL got employed after things began to recover. Not sure how you think that’s the best decision in a pandemic when you need an airline to provide base training to even have anything written on your license?

Some lost money or worse had nothing to show for it after already spending large amounts and weren’t re-approached for a job.

If I remember correctly Cityflyer told their cadets to finish getting a license (no matter which school) MPL or ATPL, and when the time comes, they will be offered employment, they just couldn’t put a date on it. A very fair and reasonable solution given this situation back then.

The program gives you a conditional job offer. Emphasis on conditional, and nothing more. It can be taken away. Please don’t solely listen to ATO sales teams telling you what you want to hear
I think you forgot that even ATPL students suffered like the MPL it was not a matter of license it was a matter of no job opportunities anyway no matter what the license is. If you switched to ATPL back in 2020 you would have paid 50K more for absolutely nothing.
I agree that the job offer is CONDITIONAL, but give me one person who graduated the EZY MPL course with an acceptable training record and is now not employed by easyJet.