PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-3
Thread: Cardiff-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2023, 22:12
CWL757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caaardiff
how would CWL be performing currently if BE, QR, TCX and Wizz were still around?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but let's look at where we were... and how, in my opinion we would have been now.

TCX had started expanding their summer season from CWL to include Easter, it's possible wo could have had a based aircraft year round by now? - Not CWLs fault.

BEE had already closed their base, though I could have seen some key routes operating from other bases (EDI,BHD, possibly GLA) - Not CWLs fault they went bust, however they put all their eggs in one basket with BEE, CWL has a habit of doing that with failing airlines (How are we, BMIbaby?)

QR, it was too early to tell really. I don't think it would have been daily, and definitely still would have been a 788 route. They may have pulled out by now anyway to be honest. - Not really CWLs fault, there was good advertising and it was a great score for the airport. Sadly wrong time.

WUK- This could have had massive potential if WIZZ hadn't screwed up so royally. This failure was entirely the airlines fault, not helped by covid but that's no excuse. They could have had a decent base here by now.