PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2023, 14:54
Hyeeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VC2PewePilota
Wow that is how you are treated over there...good of you to find another way out....

Air China Group or China Aviation Corp.(correcting my previous comment) is the parent company of Air China, and invested into CX. This is also not on topic but some 6-7 years ago, I HEARD (cannot verify) they were willing to pay foreigners 300K HKD monthly tax free if you were a Captain, to be on 737s... then the sino-US trade war happened..
Okay well recently there’s an airline company called 春秋 and you can search it online. The job opens for captain of A320 only published for English speakers and in mainland there was 0 information about it even on their official website. This company is willing to pay 200k USD annual salary. Meanwhile, a captain who’s in his 40s working in China Southern told me his annual salary is about 140k USD worth in CNY.

As a mainlander, another thing about our system here is that CAAC does not recognize any other ICAO English certification except CAAC’s ICAO exam which is also a very discriminating test since the scoring will based on your citizenship, only if you’re from an English speaking country then you may get a 6. Otherwise, your maximum will be 5.

Being a foreigner or let me put it this way “a non-mainland Chinese citizen”, you would have some perks in some cases compared with the locals. Especially in aviation field, no extra unnecessary work such as study some certain stand of you know what regularly. A relatively fair contract, since you will not be offered a contract that needs you to work for one company for your whole life. Some Cadets here won’t even see how long would they serve when they signed the contract and some cadets’ contract is “unlimited” meaning that you will need to work there your whole career. If you want to resign or switch to another company, you have to pay a few millions of HKD unless you resign because you can’t fly due to your physical condition.

Last edited by Hyeeee; 22nd Nov 2023 at 03:49.