PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2023, 20:06
walesregent

Received 239 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor the lover
Just playing devil's advocate here for a bit.

Media writers and readers of Pprune are keeping QF's behaviour at the front of mind - we read here, we back each other up, we argue, we learn new stuff. It's still active
as far as we are concerned. But the average punter - have they turned away from QF in any effective way? It looks like just as many people in the QF terminals. I'm not
so sure it has changed the punter's travelling habits. I hope it has. But like hearing that someone you hardly know has got a terminal disease - we forget about it and get on
with our own lives.

I hope the rhetoric continues - I'm just sceptical about the true outcomes. I also hope Pruners can give me examples of where it has all hurt QF.
Punters may not be the issue. Sure they’ll keep turning up- what else can they do?- but will resent the process thoroughly enough to invite more regulatory oversight. Eventually (and I don’t think this is more than a medium possibility), someone external might come in and enforce organisational change (enhanced consumer protection, minimum service guarantees, whatever), and that’s what keeps management up at night.
The following users liked this post: