PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai Vs EK
Thread: Flydubai Vs EK
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2023, 11:39
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenenglish
Ever expanding - EK?
Yes, they have announced $52 billion of Boeing orders, but these are replacement aircraft. Without the new airport there's no room for growth. The new airport, now open for 13 years and planned to have five main runways still has just one.

Right now, the opportunities at EK are the fallout from 'letting go' more than 1500 flight crew in 2020-2021. When that's soaked up and it will be within two years or so, command slots will come from attrition only. Joining EK now may mean command coming at closer to 10 years, it's a lottery. Joining FZ as a DEC is left seat from Day 1.
True. Should have said 'appetite to expand' for EK. I guess the A350's are technically expansion but it's not like flydubai atm. But both are at very different stages of their existance and at the mercy of DXB. However flydubai will eventually split their ops (rumored from 2025?) and will keep growing fast. Another 166 aircraft coming. (136 MAX and 30 787's) And they will come fast. (787 in Q4 2025?)

Also look at how flydubai treated their workforce during covid vs EK. Also something to consider in my opinion. But I'm digressing.