PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai Vs EK
Thread: Flydubai Vs EK
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2023, 11:30
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k.swiss
Finally a nice balanced review that is not 100% doom and gloom like 99% of the ones on here.

Out of interest why is the chauffer not a benefit? Surely it is a big one, I know it's subjective but still. Is there something I am missing? Housing understandable.
Reg chauffeur. It's personal. Yes it's nice to have at times (after nightshift or at peak traffic times) but not having it means I can leave home or office when I want and be on my own in the car. I love driving tbh. No need to wait anywhere and no need to car share. I know I am home 45 min after setting the parking brake. Flip side is I am responsible for being on time. And I find I need a second car anyway as managing a family with school going kids + work + wife's personal life just means I need the flexibility of a second car. Added cost indeed but with the provided allowance it actually makes me money after a few years. Depending on your car price and car preference. Reg Housing. It's a fixed allowance and you get to keep the difference vs what you pay. So you can stay where you want and be free. You also don't have to live amongst work collegues, that social control and their families. No offence. Flip side is you are at the mercy of Dubai's housing market and landlords and/or property developers. Dubai's rental prices are going crazy atm. So I guess you have to be flexible and take the good times with the bad ones. The more lavish you live the less extra you keep. Simpel. You don't have all this stress in Ek company accomodation. A big plus. Plus the EK housing allowance is about 15/20% more than at flydubai. Can't argue with it as the term 'fair' is subjective and technically they don't have to increase it as my signed contract states less. We all want more and better but I also can't argue with getting something more for 'free'.

Most guys/girls at flydubai are pretty happy. Those with the big shiny jet itch, or very long term plan, will perhaps leave for EK. But now flydubai is getting 787's too the dynamics have changed a little bit. For some...