PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai Vs EK
Thread: Flydubai Vs EK
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2023, 10:45
k.swiss
I want a Blue User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High Energy
I know right! ;-) It just depends on what you want out of it. Both are stable and secure jobs and ever expanding. Both have pro's and cons. For flydubai it's a fun job in a relaxt atmosphere, no stress, no drama and good training and management. Paid well for 737 and with good perks. Good rosters and roster control incl swapping, no fatigue, good stafftravel too and easy life. Con's are no basic pay increases, no provident fund and only sometimes bonus. Less extra perks in general. Average of 2-3 nightstops per month. Can opt for more or less. And with the 787 incoming, so we'll see how that goes. No info know yet.

EK is better pay, perks and provident fund. Wouldn't call chauffeur or housing a pro but that's personal. More layovers, more fatigue, less roster control. Can't speak for anything else there.

Two different companies. Don't forget that Dubai is all about EK. And that's understandle. If you purely want more money then go EK. In my opinion there is a bit more to life than more money. Again, that's personal. No company is perfect but as an expat these two are the ones to go to in the ME.

​​​​​​​Finally a nice balanced review that is not 100% doom and gloom like 99% of the ones on here.

Out of interest why is the chauffer not a benefit? Surely it is a big one, I know it's subjective but still. Is there something I am missing? Housing understandable.