PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2023, 03:27
Lapon

Received 113 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor the lover
But the average punter - have they turned away from QF in any effective way? It looks like just as many people in the QF terminals. I'm not
so sure it has changed the punter's travelling habits. I hope it has. But like hearing that someone you hardly know has got a terminal disease - we forget about it and get on
with our own lives.
Couldn't agree more. Is it that those running the show are oblivious as to how bad it is (possible), or is it that they have worked out that it doesn't really matter how bad they act or run the place as it won't matter one bit throughout thier tenure (probable).

Punters are not turning away in droves because they have little choice, so where is the incentive to improve?
Lack of action could jeopardize the company in the long term, but other than the longer serving staff who really cares?
Goyder is halfway out the door with his cronies, the institutional investors enabled the current mess in the first place with thier short term focus, and joe public will get to A-B with whoever fills the void.

I hope I'm wrong, but anecdotally it does seem to be unfolding that way.