PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2023, 11:28
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few posters have lapsed into "strategic oversight.

This thread was actually started following confirmation that a number of airlines had actually applied and received slots !

They HAD already made a decsion to come here, and were prepared to start, but then they got as far as Manchester's front door, its believed it was closed.

I have no idea if that is true or false.

I have no reason to disbelieve the person who posted that as they seem to be a supporter of Manchester and would have no reason to invent a number of fictional negative stories.

It would be equally jaw dropping if MAN didn't welcome them with open arms, but if JET2, our best customer feel compelled to double their costs by setting up 30 mins drivetime away and United haven't returned despite gushing in praise pre Covid , you do tend to think there is another narrative at play which has affected the rumour of other other applications.

IF its space then someone needs to be accountable.

We should have built more space for aircraft BEFORE carpet bombing the place with car parks and BEFORE starting work on T2.

MAN has gifted 5 aircraft to it nearest rival. That has effectively creamed off 2024 growth but worse has set a precedent where they can now turn round and negotiate on price going forward as well.

What happens in 2025 ?

Is it more aircraft at Manchester OR would they simply now continue to exapand at Liverpool?

That's why i don't understand this narrative that it will be all ok when tbe WIP is finished. Lots of carriers appear to have moved on.

If MAN really think airlines that couldn't be accomodated in 2024 and who have since started in Liverpool, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Dublin (cough) will comeback i think they are sadly mistaken.

Last edited by Navpi; 19th Nov 2023 at 13:33.